Opening Hours : Monday to Saturday - 9am to 8pm Contact : +91 80 2544 5004 / 9341961202
Navashakthi Nethralaya is one of the highly equipped super specialty hospital.
PATIENT HAVE A RIGHT TO CARE:
1. Receive treatment irrespective of their type of primary and associated illnesses, socio-economic status, age, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, caste, cultural preferences, linguistic and geographical origins or political affiliations.
2. Be heard to his/her satisfaction of narrating the entire problem and concerns.
3. Expect their doctor to give legible prescription (electronic) and explain to the patient the details of dosage and
dos and don’ts.
4. Be provided with the information and access to the contact numbers in case of emergency.
RIGHT TO CONFIDENTIALITY AND DIGNITY:
1. Personal dignity and to receive care without any form of stigma and discrimination.
2. Privacy during examination, procedures and treatment.
3. Protection from physical abuse and neglect.
4. Confidentiality about their medical information.
5. Consent for any photographs and/or recorded procedures with respect to your treatment. Patients' identity shall
not be revealed without prior consent.
RIGHT TO PREFERENCES:
1. Patients may seek a second opinion on their medical Condition.
2. Seek information from the doctor regarding treatment options, so that they can select what work best for him/her.
3. Refuse the treatment. If the patient wants to leave the hospital (after admission) in spite of the doctor's advice
for continuity of inpatient care, they will be discharged against medical advice with LAMA (Leaving against Medical Advice)
4. Patient and family rights address any special preferences, spiritual and cultural needs.
RIGHT TO REDRESS:
1. Patient and family rights include information on how to voice a complaint.
2. If you are not satisfied with the services provided by the hospital or you feel there is an area of improvement,
you can report your grievance in the administration department or write it in patient feedback form given to you.
THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION:
1. To get adequate information on eye problem, plan of care, progress, investigation, management, complications.
To be explained at their level of understanding in the language known to them.
2. Consent to enable them to make an informed decision about their care.
3. Be informed about the details of any invasive/high risk procedures/treatment or before administering anesthesia/surgery
and signing any informed consent.
4. Information and consent before any research protocol is initiated.
5. Request information on the names, dosages and adverse effects of the medication that they are treated with.
6. Access to their clinical records in the file given to them.
7. Know the expected cost of the procedure, OT treatment that has been suggested by the doctor.
8. Information on hospital rules and regulations.
9. Patient has the right to information on eye donation.
HONESTY IN DISCLOSURE:
1. Be honest with my doctor and disclose my family medical history.
2. Provide complete and accurate information about my health, including present condition, past illnesses, hospitalization,
medications, natural products and vitamins and any other matter that pertain to my health.
3. Provide complete and accurate information including full name, address, phone number, E mail and other information.
1. Be punctual for my appointments.
2. Do my best to comply with my doctor's treatment plans.
3. Have realistic expectations from my doctor and his treatment.
4. Inform my doctor if I have any difficulty in understanding any part of my treatment or face any challenges in complying
with it and for considering alternative therapies.
5. Communicate with my doctor if my eye condition worsens or does not follow the expected course.
6. Not give medication prescribed for me to others.
7. Inform the staff I have an emergency like sudden loss of vision, acute eye pain etc or special needs eg, wheel chair.
INTENT FOR HEALTH PROMOTION:
1. Do everything in my capacity to maintain healthy habits and routines that contribute my well being.
2. Get periodic eye checkups to take responsibility for my eye care.
3. Respect other patient's rights and privacy.
4. Follow the instructions given by the doctors.
TRANSPARENCY AND HONESTY:
1. I will make a sincere effort to understand my therapy which includes medicines prescribed, their possible adverse effects
and other compliances for effective treatment outcomes.
2. I will not ask for surreptitious bills and false certificates and /or advocate forcefully by unlawful means to provide me with one.
3. I will report fraud and wrong doing.
4. I will provide insurance information for processing bills and assure that financial obligations are fulfilled promptly.
01. I will follow hospital rules and regulations to help ensure the safety and comfort of all the patients.
02. Respect the doctors and the medical staff caring and treating me.
03. Bear the agreed expense of the treatment that is explained to me in advance, pay my bills on time and collect the reports,
receipts and paid bills.
04. Observe the No smoking, clean air hospital policy.
05. Observe silence inside the hospital and also keep the mobiles in silent mode.
06. Not disturb the peace and quiet of the hospital.
07. Not take more than one attendant in Consultation room, Procedure room, OT floor and ward.
08. Not take children below 10 years to the OT floor/Consultation/procedure/investigation rooms (expect if the patient is a child).
09. Ensure that if I bring minors/ children to the hospital, they are under my responsible care.
10. Take care of my personal belongings and valuables. The hospital does not hold responsibility for any loss of personal property.
11. Not tip the staff for the services provided and report to the management immediately if it is demanded.